Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

To my friends, For my friends

Hello friends and welcome to a little personal project of myne! If you are reading this, you have taken a break from your day and made the effort to come this far. Thank you, you are a true friend! Or you are bored. Either way I am grateful. In a nutshell, this is a travel blog.

Do not fear, I am not going to recall the tedium of my day to day living because not even I am interested in that shit but rather I will plainly chronicle the entertaining aspects of my life, the festivals, the parties, the bicycle accidents, the sleeping in churches and the two months of living in a Nazi stronghold. I have no sneaky vendetta, secret agenda or deeper crusade other than to report on drunken antics, random but increasingly common embarrassing moments, and the odd indulgence in personal thoughts such as why pensioners love floral (it has nothing to do with their talent for snoozing), the attracions of the single glove (preferably leather), and the ideal pasta to sauce ratio.

Another year has been devoted towards plain old hedonism and upcoming events and attractions for this year are St. Paddy’s Day in Dublin, Queen’s Day in Amsterdam, the Summer in the Greek Islands, random music festivals, Oktoberfest in Munich and that is about as far as I can plan for now. Of course obscure experiences will be commonplace, let’s hope.

YOU are one of very few people who will ever read this so well done on being a part of such an elite club. With that in mind feel free to leave filthy comments on any and all posts and simultaneously let me know who be reading this. Consider it an indirect group email to my close friends as that in reality is the case.

In the coming weeks I will update stories gathered over the last year, a series of flashbacks (the Teeth Saga, La Tomatina, the Rod ‘n’ Reel, the California roadtrip, Trent’s head and many more) that many of you would have missed out on so as to thicken the soup that is this endeavour and build some momentum. So I urge you to keep on popping in and supporting the cause. You could be a part of something very special, well, not really, but I thought I’d just throw that out there.

I hope to be able to get my shit together and buy an acceptable camera one of these days. The idea is to put together avant guarde (cool word) photo essays, have some fun with it, and add another dynamic to this.

If I can lighten your mood and bring a smile to your day then that would make it all worth it for me. That would validate the excessive drinking, scaring small children in the street and surviving on chip rolls eaten on park benches. All for you my friends – This goes out to my homies. So, tune in, turn on, and drop out.



Peace! Matt

3 comments:

  1. matt i love it, and i feel weird that i am the only comment. please dont stop these posts are keeping me going at work, not that thats the only reason i am reading them. the sad news is that i fear the days of the superpowers are over. i try my hardest to keep it together for the team but sadly one person can only have so many bongs bongs and poppers.

    keep well keep writing and keep those teeth....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew.. this is long overdue, but I am glad it is finaly up and running.. good job with the 'Rod 'n Reel' story - have a look at my comment. But the story on the tip of everyone's tongue is a full description of how you really lost your front teeth??

    Much love,
    Jimmy the tulip

    ReplyDelete
  3. matt this is ferking amazing guy.... Finally the break we've all been waiting for! A chance to live vicariously through you (I mean that in all seriousness) Strange I was actually relating a story of your clumsy tidings in UCT steers to gem last night. she, like everyone u know has one about you too. The final day of red n yellow u came home to the digs, dressed in commando khaki, and introduced urself to her! oblivious to the fact that u'd lived with her for six weeks - and she'd actually given u a lift to school a couple of times!!! Keep it up bro and I'll keep reading.
    Check ya whenever ur back in africa

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Darwin, Australia
My name is Matt, and these are my stories.